About Louise Forrest
I am a BACP registered and accredited counsellor who holds an Advanced Diploma in Relational Supervision. I have been in private practice since 2004. I currently work part-time as Lead Counsellor for a Bristol-based charity offering counselling to clients with complex needs. In my role, I facilitate courses based on Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), deliver Mindfulness sessions and supervise the counselling team.
Prior to becoming a counsellor, I was self-employed as a stress management consultant. I have also been a lecturer in counselling at a FE college, an adult education tutor for counselling skills courses and tutor on the Advanced Diploma in Counselling at Network Counselling & Training. I have worked as a counsellor in NHS, HE and hospice settings. In other capacities, I have supported people with disabilities, older people and those with severe mental health issues.
I work in a person-centred, empathic and relational way, bringing my skills, knowledge and presence to our working relationship. My mindfulness practices enable me to remain present to you while you explore difficult issues or feelings that are troubling you. I aim to support you to process and integrate them as smoothly as possible, without judging you in any way. Throughout the process, I tune into and trust your innate growth process.
At times I may invite you to bring more awareness to your body, to explore links between your mental-emotional states and physical sensations. But I am equally at home with creative process and its need for expression - perhaps the use of metaphor or working with objects available in the room. You are welcome to refer to your journal, art or other things in sessions, if they help you connect with your deeper thoughts and feelings.
- Health-Related Issues
- Loss & Bereavement
- Confidence & Self-Esteem
- Embodied Movement
My Specialisms Include:
To read more about Louise's work, click the relevant image below:
Training & Qualifications
- Advanced Diploma in Relational Supervision (2017-18, Severn Talking Therapy)
- Embodied Dance Journey Facilitator (2015-17, The Dancing Heart Path School, CZ)
- Certificate in Spiritual Companionship (2008-09, Foundation for Holistic Spirituality)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy (2001-03, University of Warwick)
- Certificate in Person-Centred (Rogerian) Counselling (2000-01, University of Warwick)
- Diploma in Stress Management (1999-2000, Kevala Centre, International Yoga School)
- Certificate in Psychology (1999-2000, University of Warwick)
Other Experience & Professional Development
- 'How to do Counselling Online: Coronavirus Primer' (July-2020, Open University)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (2019, Association of Psychological Therapies)
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) & Energy Tools (2018, LouAnne Lachmann)
- Solution-Focused Brief Therapy & Suicide Prevention (2013, John Henderson Consultancy)
- Solution-Focused Communication (2011, Zebra Collective)
- Trainer in 'The Endorphin Effect' (2009, Foundation for Holistic Spirituality)
- Reconnective Healing & 'The Reconnection' (2008-15, Dr Eric Pearl's Worldwide Team)
- Lecturer in Counselling at Certificate & Diploma Levels (2007-08, Warwickshire College)
- Reiki I, II & Master Level (2003-08, Tracy Webb, Reiki Master Teacher)
- Stress Management Consultant & Trainer (2000-03, RealizeIt Consultancy Ltd)
I am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP) and work to their ethical framework. They have a formal process for hearing complaints if they cannot be resolved by talking to me. I am continually growing and developing as a professional and have supervision for all my therapeutic work.