Dance journeys encourage embodiment. A journey is an invitation to become more present, both with yourself and with others, so that your life might unfold with more ease. Journeys can enhance mental and emotional wellbeing. You don't have to consider yourself to be a 'dancer' to participate, it's far more about your inner experience than how you might look to someone from the outside.
What is embodied on the dance floor, can resonate at deep levels and ripple out into your life in positive ways. Dance itself is a life-enriching activity but when undertaken in a group, brings enhanced benefits. Whilst each journey has a theme, there is usually potential within it for connection, play, healing and celebration.
Journeys allow you to explore your power, presence and potential, for example, by:
- expressing and releasing emotions which need attention, breath and space to move
- discovering new and spontaneous ways for authentic connection (to self and other)
- listening deeply, through movement and stillness, to your body's needs and messages
- dancing with an 'intention' so that your movement becomes a prayerful expression.
We aim to slowly build safety and trust in the group, so that authentic expression can unfold. We do so by providing a balance of structured exercises (to open the body and help the breath to move with ease) and offer space for your own individual exploration.
We have both undertaken over two years' training at The Dancing Heart Path School in the Czech Republic.
- many dance forms, such as African, Five Rhythms, Biodanza and Argentine Tango
- a regular yoga practice
- facilitating groups and teaching Mindfulness courses
- Reconnective Healing and 'The Reconnection'.
- Argentine Tango, Biodanza and Five Rhythms
- a regular Tai Chi practice
- facilitating and teaching groups Mindfulness and Nonviolent Communication
- specialising in how the body deals with trauma imprints and releases trapped energy
- a long journey (in the past) with breath work and re-birthing.